- You weigh 15lbs 10 oz and are about 25 inches long
- Still in a size 2 diaper but I think that is about to change!
- You still wear 3-6 month size clothes
- Your hair is growing....not many people can notice but momma sure can!
- I think you went through a grwoth spurt...you were waking up in the middle of the night sometime more than once, and you would not go back to sleep unless you had a snack/meal!
- You love when we sing to you! You have favorites but only if a certain person is signing it to you. You love it when daddy sings "Patty Cake" and you love it when I sing, "This Little Light of Mine". You just smile and laugh :)
- You love being at home! I say that because you just seems happier and more content. We get out some, but for the most part we stay home and you just eat, play, and sleep!
- When I do take you out people always come up and say hi to you and sometimes you give them your best smile ever :) They always talk about how pretty you are and of course comment on your big blue eyes!
- You started reaching a ton this month. Hence the reason we had to move the sign! Our favorite?!?....when you reach for us :)
- No teeth yet, but you sure are drooling a TON and still want everything in your mouth...I don't think it will be long!
- We just got you a jumparoo and you are getting the hang of it. You last about 10 minutes and then you want out...HA!
- You sleep on your tummy now and have started to sleep with your little booty up in the air....it is the cutest this EVER!!!
- You LOVE when daddy does his version of airplane with you :)
- You have not used a paci or your thumb all month. I guess we won't have to deal with the battle of taking either away :)
- You are such a squirmy thing! We have yet to sit through a whole church service Sunday or Wednesday. After church we feel like we just had a workout! We usually end up in the back standing or in the nursery. One of these days when you are older we are gonna have to work on this ;)
- When you wake up in the morning you just give me or daddy the biggest smile ever! It the best start to our day! Oh I just love you to pieces!!!!!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
It started on December 4th:
Brad was out of town with his dad, so I was home by myself. I knew “something” was missing the whole week ;) but I was so nervous to take a pregnancy test. I was scared to get my hopes up. By the 6th day, December 4th, I finally started to think WOW this really could be happening! I immediately thought of how I would tell Brad! I knew he would want to be surprised. The other day Brad and I had pulled out some photo albums from when we were dating. It was fun reminiscing and since I love scrapbooking I came up with the idea to make him a scrapbook. Now I still hadn’t taken a test at this point, but by the time the book was done I just had a feeling that it was true (plus I had a wave of nausea come over me that had me running to the bathroom...later I learned I was almost 5 weeks)! I knew I didn’t want to take the test until the day Brad would be home so I could tell him the same day. So the plan was to take the test in the morning, put a picture of the positive pregnancy test in the back of the book and give it to him that night when he returned home.
Around 10 am December 5th I couldn’t wait another minute. I was watching TV and another wave of nausea hit me. I needed food and needed it NOW!
I was shaking as I set the test aside and waited! I didn’t need to wait long before I saw the word I so longed to see..... PREGNANT! I sat on the bathroom floor crying...I sobbed. I remember saying a prayer to our Lord thanking Him for this gift and answering our prayers. Even though I was alone, I didn’t feel alone. I knew God was right there rejoicing with me. I sobbed some more.
Of course I wanted to call Brad right away, but didn’t want to tell him this kind of news over the phone. I distracted myself by finishing his book with the picture of the positive test. It was prefect! I keep reading his book over and over and every time I got the the last page I cried again!
Around 3 pm that day I got a phone call from Brad. They had to change plans and were headed to Austin. They might not be back until the next day, Sunday. NOOOOOOOOOOOO that was all I could say....in my head of course, I didn't want to give him any hints. I told him that was ok, but I sure wished he was coming home today. He said he was sorry and maybe they would be in early Sunday morning. I went to bed that night and woke up with him by my side. He had made it home around 2 that morning....I never heard him.
I decided to wait until after church to tell him. Believe me this was not easy, but I wanted us to not feel rushed and by the time we both woke up we only had 45 minutes until it was time to leave. It was the longest church service ever, not literally, it just FELT that way. I even cried during services, just pure joy. Brad wrapped his arm around me thinking it was because of the sermon.....little did he know ;) Within a few minutes of arriving home and emptying my bladder for the 10th time that day. I had him sit down on the couch and I gave him his book.
He slowly read through each page. He was a little teary eyed and when he read the last page he looked at me and said “Are you Serious!!!” with tears rolling down his face. He hugged me and we both cried and cried. It was perfect!
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|