Happy 9 Months Honey Bunch!!!
Here is what you have been up to this past month:
- You had your 9 month doctors appointment recently and you weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and you were 27 inches long!
- You are wearing 6-9 month clothes.
- You are still in a size 3 diaper.
- You are into everything, especially magazines! You LOVE to tear up a magazine (when mommy lets you) and I am trying to teach you to not put the pieces in your mouth ;)
- You are walking with the help of your dino who was given to you by your Nana and B-Pa! You love pushing that thing around :)
- We have officially started solids! Decided to wait till you turned 8 months old. I have written about foods in a previous post so I won't say a lot about it here, but you are doing great. You don't eat a whole lot...it seems to be more for exploration right now. It is so much fun to see you feed yourself and explore this new thing :)
- You are drinking water from your sippy cup. I still have to lift it for you but you are getting the hang of it!
- You still take 2 naps and sleep at least an hour or 2 for each.
- When I stick out my tongue you stick yours out. It is so neat to see you mimic us!
- Every morning you want to go over to your "Owls I painted on the wall and we say, "Good Morning!" to them. You are usually VERY happy in the mornings :)
- You have learned to climb the stairs. Under momma's supervision of course!!! We have a door that blocks the stairs, so that stays shut most of the time. One day I decided to let you try and you DID it! It also helped to get some of your energy out!
- You got your 7th and 8th tooth this past month!
- I keep some pillows in the playroom and sometimes you crawl over to one and just lay your head on it. It is precious!
- You like to play under the kitchen table.
- You have started to climb up on things....like the treadmill that was in the playroom! Time to move it upstairs. I've been wanting to move it for a long time, but now that you know how to get on top it's time to go!
- Some of your favorite toys right now are string or ribbon, easter eggs, and the toy phone that rolls. You drag it all over the playroom! You still prefer to chew on the books then sit and listen to mommy read one to you. But you are so good at opeing the flaps in the Peek-a-boo Books and you love to scratch your hand over things in the touch and feel books :)
- You took your second airplane ride this month and did great! We took you to Arkansas to visit Arlon and Lindsey. Your first night there was rough..but once you got use to things you did better. You LOVED their big dogs...not afraid of them at all.
- Have I told you lately that SOMEONE always stops us no matter where we are, the store, the airport, out walking around, and just tell us how beautiful you are! And they usually comment on your big blue eyes :)
- Some days I just start at you Brooklyn! You are the prettiest thing I have even seen! Love you to the moon and back...well probably more than that ;)
Enjoy the pictures from her 8th month of life :)
Love your funny faces :)
Mommy and B :)
Brad, Arlon, and Miss B :)
One of our good friends goes to Yale and he gave her this onesie when she was born :) We sent him this picture the other day! Only appropriate we gave her a highlighter for the picture ;)