Happy 12 Months SUNSHINE!!!
(I can not believe for her 12 month picture I cold not get her to smile :(...I think she was pretty sleepy haha Oh well!)
Well you are officially ONE already but I wanted to finish off your monthly report for your first year! So here it is :) I have so loved doing this and enjoyed going back and reading all about your life! Many things I would have forgotten if I had not written them down!
Here is what you have been up to this past month:
- You weigh 18 1/2 lbs and are 29 1/2 inches tall!!
- I was super bummed you were not 20 lbs yet when we took you to the doctor cause I am (and I think you are too) so ready to turn you around in the car! Although rumer has it that you now have to be 2 YEARS OLD...ummm we will see about that ;)
- You are really good at "Sharing". You always take a bit of food and then offer me some....same with your drink, and even rock your baby and then give me your baby to rock. Not really sure if you know what it means but I always tell you ,"Oh thank you sooo much for sharing (even if I don't take a bit of your food ha) you are just the sweetest!"
- You drink from a straw :)
- You are really good at putting the little lid back on mommy's water bottles and you clap when you do because you are proud of yourself :)
- You are starting to turn into a little cuddler and WE LOVE IT!!! We rock before nap time sometime which we never did before (you were not a fan!)
- You are walking a lot and are falling less and less...pretty soon you will be running!
- You sit on your bottom when I say,"Sit on your bottom Brooklyn." It amazing me how much you know!! I don't even realize sometimes how much you listen and one day I will say something are you will just do it!! So neat!
- You LOVE holding and rocking your baby :)
- You have been sleeping with the little bunny blanket for a while now but latley as soon as I put you down you grab it and kinda wrestle and just hug and love on it till you fall asleep. I think you guys are going to be buddies ;)
- You are still waving to everyone. It is so funny to see people's reactions when you start to wave to them at the store. The whole time we are at the grocery store you wave to everyone who passes us. You are so sweet :)
- You are giving us kisses now and blowing kisses!!!!!! This is the BEST this ever! Me and daddy crave your kisses and you like to blow kisses to everyone!
- Fortunately it wasn't too bad but you caught your little finger in a drawer. You learned pretty quick because now you are very carful to flatten your hand before closing the drawers.
- I got very lucky with the BOWS! You don't mind wearing them at all...and even try to put the headband around your head sometimes!
Bath Time FUN!
Ummmm.....which toy should I pick??!
I had to snap a picture of this! This is what you do with your feet as you are eating...ha!
Sweet Smile :)
You love the water :)
I found this little handprint on my cabinet the other day. It made me smile and made me think back to when there were no little handprints to find anywhere....I am so grateful for you!!!
What a wonderful first year it has been! We love you so much Brooklyn....
you make us so CRAZY happy!!!!
Here are a few vidoes to enjoy :)
Learning to make new sounds...
Playing with daddy....