Friday, September 10, 2010

Confessions

I have a few confessions I would like to share:

My house is a mess!!
The floor needs to be swept
Sink is full of dishes
Dishwasher is full of dishes
Laundry baskets are full
The washer has clothes in it that need to be moved to the dryer
Trash needs to be taken out
Refrigerator is empty
So is the pantry
Inbox is full of unanswered emails
Phone calls need to be returned
Bills need to be paid
Thank You's need to be written

and

Most likely I will still be in my PJ's when Brad gets home
Maybe a different pair....if they get peed, pooped, or spit up on
I think I fed the dog....poor Target ;)
I think I brushed my teeth today
I think I ate today
I think I smell....ok, not too bad, but maybe a little ;)

BUT

I sang to my daughter today
I read her a book
I stroked her face
I tickled her belly
I kissed her
I talked to her about God
I took her picture (no surprise there!)
I changed her diaper to keep her healthy and clean
I changed her clothes when she spit up
I danced around with her to the music
I celebrated any "first" she had today
I cheered her on as she tried to roll over

I congratulated her on lifting her head so high

I put her in different positions until I found the perfect one to soothe her

I walked her around the house until I lost count

I told her she is beautiful inside and out

I whispered in her ear how much I love her
I rocked her
I bounced her
I held her

I am no pro, but I tried to be the best mommy today and accomplish the things that are most important and let go of the things that are not.....

and one more confession:

I might have kissed her a little too much while she was sleeping that it made her wake up early from her nap....I know I know....It took so much work to get her to sleep...

but I missed her




4 comments:

Jesse and Amber LaRue said...

Sounds like you're a good mommy to me!

Melissa said...

There will always be dishes to be washed & laundry to be done, but your baby will not always be a baby...you made a good choice! :)

JDTS said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this post.
and it made me cry. :)

Erin S. said...

I love this! Made me cry, too.