Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our First Doctor's Visit!!!



I felt like this was the longest two week!  At this point no one else knew, which was kinda special for Brad and I, but it was REALLY hard to keep such a wonderful secret!!  Not sure why we did.....I think part of us was still so shocked, nervous about something going wrong, and just really wanted it to be confirmed by the doctor.  

I was nervous to meet the doctor, but excited!  I hoped I liked her!  My previous doctor, whom I can’t say enough wonderful things about, had retired.  I had called his nurse, who now works at my GI doctors office, and she recommended Dr. Ball.  I trusted her and we prayed lots.....I mean this lady was going to be in charge of bringing our sweet one into the world.  I wanted Baby Walker in the best hands!!!  

Brad and I left really early and decided to eat at THE CRAVE, so appropriately named (it is a yummy restaurant located on the first floor of the building)!  It was delicious and then we headed upstairs.

The visit was GREAT!  We both felt so comfortable with Dr. Ball and she was so kind, let us asked anything, we didn’t feel rushed, and she shared in our joy and excitement!  She did an ultra sound and our hearts just bursts with joy as we saw our little bean on the screen.  There was a little flashing light that she said was the heart beating.....150 bpm.  WOW!  Everything looked great and I felt for the first time in two weeks that I could breath!  This was REAL! I was in so much awe!  We just looked at our baby’s first picture all the way home and.............FELL IN LOVE!






No comments: