Monday, January 11, 2010

Telling the GRANDPARENTS!

Brad and I wanted to come up with a fun way to surprise the grandparents so we made each one of them a onesie with a saying on it.  We really had it easy with the Christmas holiday.  Here is a quick recap of the fun weekend we had telling our parents!


December 17th


I was already over at Mark and Kathy's (planned) and Brad came by with the two wrapped gifts.  He had set them on the back porch earlier so when he and Mark came walking up they were already there. One said "To Kathy Open with Mark" and the other said "To Mark Open with Kathy".  Kathy made a remark about how this happened before and she wondered who they were from.  As they were opening them I think it was Mark who said “Underwear???”,  then he got it! and waited for Kathy to say something.  She looked at me and screamed "LLYYDDIIAA!!!!"  It was wonderful! 






The next day, December 18th, I had my first doctors appointment (more about that later) and Saturday, the 19th, we headed to Killeen, TX.  We originally had planned to spend that weekend having Christmas with my parents so it worked out perfectly to be able to tell them in person! 


December 19th


We arrived in Killeen around lunch time.  As soon as I walked into my parents house I knew we were going to have to tell them right away.  I think whatever they used to clean the house with was making me really sick feeling...haha (nothing like heighten senses when your preggo!!).  We had a gift box for them with the onesie in it, a kids book, and a teething toy.  We told them we got them something for Christmas to open now.  My mom started to open the box and as soon as she saw the onesie she screamed and threw the box to my dad.  He jumped up and was so scared....he kept saying” What, What????”  I ran over and pulled the onesie from the box and he just smiled the biggest smile!  He laughed and said “I am so nieve.....why else would Debby scream so loud!!!!”  Again.....it was wonderful!!!!



The GRANDPARENTS  look pretty happy to me....what do you think???  ;)


No comments: