Thursday, July 22, 2010

Anticipation....

The anticipation is driving me CRAZY....

What anticipation? The anticipation of how everything is going to go....HA!

Birth/Labor is soooooo not something you can plan for, but we are trying out best ;)
I have a Call List, Packing List, and some other "Lists" of info all printed out and ready to go! YES I am a "list" girl, but I am keeping an open mind that things might go smoothly or they could be CRAZY!

Here are a few of the scenarios that run through my head....surely I am not the only pregnant women that does this....right!?!

  • I go into labor or my water breaks in the middle of the night. We are not too rushed....things are slow in progressing. We grab the lists, pack the car, and then head to the hospital when they tells us to come.
  • I go into labor in the middle of the day. Brad is an hour or more away delivering grass so I worry a little, but he makes it home and we head to the hospital.
  • I go into labor or my water breaks and there is absolutly NO time to delay! Yikes....we are rushing out the door (will probably forget some stuff which is OK). Brad is driving like a mad man to the hospital but we make it and without getting a speeding ticket :)
  • My water breaks during church, while I am shopping, or eating at a restaurant....ummmm. That would be weird, but I guess it could happen ;)
  • I go into labor or my water breaks and she decides to come right then and there.....DOUBLE YIKES! Although it would be nice and fast...it would be very scary!

There is also the possibility:
  • I will not go into labor on my own = Induction
  • I go to the doctor and she says to go to the hospital things are starting!
  • Or we have a planned C-Section
Oh the possibilities are endless....

Brad and I have talked a little about some of these and what we would do......BUT in the end who knows how she will decided to make her entrance into the world. We are excited to find out :) It really doesn't matter in the end as long as we have a healthy baby and healthy momma (and yes we want a healthy daddy too!).

We will just have to wait and see!!


SORRY another post with NO pictures....I am done with pictures of me...HA! Just lots on my mind that I want to write about and just READY to put up pictures of our sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I enjoy reading your updates so much & have been checking almost daily to see how you all are doing. I can't wait to see pictures & to hear how life is now with your precious little one!