Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Opposites Attract

Brad and I have lots of things in common, but we are definitely opposites in many ways too as you will see from this story! Sometimes our opposites drive each other crazy...hehe, but this is one of those times I am letting go and letting him enjoy this experience HIS way :)

If you looked by my backdoor right now you would see all of my bags and Brooklyn's bag ready to go. At first I had all my stuff laid out in piles, carefully gathering, checking, and rechecking my LISTS. Then I packed everything....again checking, double checking, and even added a few things to the bag here and there. Am I over prepared/packed.....maybe (but I felt like I really did a good job of only bringing things I have heard I would REALLY need *wink*).

About 2 weeks ago I asked Brad to pull down his suitcase from the attic and to start thinking about what he might need. He did and he put it right by his closet door :) like this.....


Hmmmm....I figured as he saw me packing my bags over the last few weeks he might throw something in there...maybe even just a pair of socks....but nope nothing. OK...no problem, I was not panicking or anything, and I wasn't about to do it for him, but every once in a while I would say, "You might want to think about starting to pack your bag hon" in an ever so polity manner ;)

Well YESTERDAY (I think I have been packed for about 2 weeks now) I just had to laugh.....this was the picture I took of his bag........



Now he is NOT a procrastinator (for which I am very thankful), so I was a little confused.

I sorta mentioned the bag thing again and I finally got a confession!!

He wants to live for the thrill!!! He is looking forward to the rush of throwing everything into the bag or not even having time to grab a bag!! He wants some excitment....he is in NO hurry to pack his bag. HAHAHAH! Ahhh gotta love him!

Yes this all makes sense now.....this is totally him! He LIVES for the thrill and the adrenalin rush as you can see in this picture:

he lives for speed too...

Many times he comes home with like 5 minutes to spare before we need to leave somewhere and says....."Time Me! I'll be ready in 5 minutes!" AND we are usually out the door in those 5 minutes :) I don't know how he does it! Neither one of us like to be late!

So I have backed off on the packing issue....hehe :) When he told me this I just laughed and I loved him for who he is even more. It will be fun to see what happens and part of me hopes he gets his wish ;)


No comments: