Monday, June 27, 2011

11 Months

Happy 11 Months Lady Bug!


Here is what you have been up to this past month:
  • You weigh 18 lbs 7 oz (I'm starting to wonder if you will make it to 20lbs by your first birthday so we can turn you around in your car seat??!!)
  • You are not really fitting into 9 month clothes any more so I am starting to buy you 12 month.
  • You are in a size 3 diaper still.
  • Your biggest news this past month is you took your first steps!!!  10 1/2 months old :) 
  • We have had a nice few months of no teething.  I think I am just about as glad as you are!  You currently have 8 pearly whites :)
  • This has been a BIG month with "understanding/comprehension"!!!  One day we were playing on the floor and I said, "Where is your baby doll?", not really thinking you understood, I was just talking and you stopped what you were doing, looked around, went right over to your baby doll and picked it up!!!  I could not believe it!  Made me wondering how much else you understand, but I wasn't really giving you the opportunity to show me ;)
  • You always seem to be trying to figure things out or how they work.  We bought you some stacking cups and you LOVE them....you have become pretty good at stacking them together!!!  It just amazing us :)
  • You signed "MORE"!!!! Oh this made me soooo happy cause I have been working on it with you for a long time.  We happened to be in the doctors office (to get your ears checked) and you just did it. Woo Hoo!! Now you do it all the time :)
  • You also sign "ALL DONE" but it kinda looks like you are waving, but I know what it is when we are eating.
  • You got an ear infection again (why we were at the doctor)...that makes number 2 :(
  • You still love to WAVE to everyone...and everyone LOVES when you wave to them :)
  • You are doing better at church.  Still squirmy, but not too vocal.  You will be starting Bible Class really soon!!!!  I think you will LOVE it :)
  • You love to empty the shelves whether it is your toys in your toy room, or my cookbook in the kitchen.  You won't stop till everything is on the floor.
  • You also like to do the same with drawers...when I let you Ha!
  • I can really tell your little brain is "organizing" up there. Not sure if that is the right word, but you are really thinking about things.  For example, when you are in the bath tub you move all your toys to one side of you one at a time until they are ALL on that side and then you stop and look and move ALL your toys to the other side of you one at a time.  You will do this over and over!  Or you take everything out of a draw and then put everything back, but you won't put everything back in until everything is out...ha!
  • You pointed a couple times this month.
  • You love music....every time you hear a song you "dance dance" whether you are sitting or standing :)  
  • You understand what a brush is and what to do with it.  You will try to brush your hair, mommy's hair, or your baby doll's hair.
  • Sometimes you eat a lot and sometimes you don't.  I never know.  I have been trying to give you about 2 meals a day.  Once in a while you will gobble it all and maybe want more and some days you might take a bite and be "All Done"! You are still nursing great which is great with me :)
  • You went to your first swim party and LOVED the splash pad.  Daddy took you around int he water and you would splash.  Your favorite thing to do was watch the big kids.  One girl have a kickboard that you kept trying to get. HA!
  • You are staring to become a little cuddle bug.  Oooooooohhhhh we just can't get enough!
I had the hardest time this month when you turned 11 months old.  It just really hit me that NEXT month you will be ONE!!!  I got a little teary eyed thinking about it, but excited too!  Looking forward to getting started planning your celebration.  Love you sweet girl!!!

Enjoy her pictures and videos :)

Here are a few up close of our blue eyed beauty ;)




Mommy's little helper/cook ;)


So proud of herself when she opens doors!




Brooklyn took her first trip to IKEA!!  
I thought this high chair was so cute....the girl is pretty cute too ;)

Polka Dot Cutie!

Brooklyn loved seeing her Cousins Kyle and Kelli and meeting Kelli's niece Mary Raines

A Sweet girl from church came over to play with Miss B :)  I could not believe my eyes when I saw her sitting her listening to Hannah read to her.  She always just wants to eat her books...hehe ;)

"Love me some pasta and marinara sauce!"

Singing "MORE"

My little social butterfly!

Lovin' her some good music ;)
(ummm yes she is wearing her St. Patricks Day PJ's......
Daddy believes you still need to get use out of them if they fit HA!)

1 comment:

KELLI said...

Aw, Lydia! I just checked your blog and was surprised to see Kyle & I made it. What a great picture! We were so happy to see y'all and spend a little time with you. Brooklyn is adorable!