Monday, June 13, 2011

Camp!

"I Will Survive"
(This has been my theme song for the past week and a 1/2!")

I did it! We (Brooklyn and I) made it a week and a half without Brad here!  Brad ended up having to go to College Station for a big grass job.  He was suppose to go the week before but it was rained out.  That pushed the job to last week.  He came home on Thursday night and had to leave Friday morning for Camp!  He is a counselor at Dry Creek FC Camp and has been for years.  I use to be a counselor with him.  Last year I was preggo with B and so that was my first year not to go back.  He was very thoughtful and almost didn't go even after I told him to, but I reassured him we would be fine and I knew Grammy and Poppa were just down the street if I needed anything :) Anyway, so he left friday for another week.  Boy did we miss him, but Miss B and I stayed super busy and Grammy came over to give me some rest from time to time :)  I really enjoyed all my time with Brooklyn!!  

Camp was ending on Saturday and I really wanted to go up there to see Brad (and he REALLY wanted us to come up b/c he missed his little girl (and momma)) so I was trying to figure out how to get up there! Well the farm was kinda slow so Mark offered to drive us up in the bus on Friday and we could stay at the campgrounds nearby that night, pick up Brad, and drive back on Saturday!!!!  Ahhhh I was so excited!  SO we left Friday...this was Brooklyn's first Bus trip and she did great :)  I even put her in her car seat at nap time and she fell right asleep.  The bus was SOOOOO nice b/c she could be up and move about for the 3 hr drive.  

When we arrived we quickly found Daddy :)  I'm not sure who was more excited to see each other, B or Daddy?!  We stayed the night and B slept in her pack in play right on the bus!  It was so nice to have Grammy and Poppa there.  After I put her to bed they stayed on the bus and watched a movie while I went and enjoyed some of the camp shows with Brad!  Just like old time  :) It was wonderful to see all my friends (counselors and campers) and introduce them to Brooklyn!  Brad was one proud daddy! I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted but here are a few!

I LOVED having our "girl" week and I'm sure there will be more to come, but there is nothing like having Daddy at home with his girls :)

Poppa showing B the Bus...I LOVE this picture!

Awww she found a rocking chair just her size....
(she loved rocking in this...she would just rock and rock and laugh and laugh!)

And the GIANT one!!!

She missed her Daddy so much!

Here she is as we were headed to camp.....


No comments: