Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!


What can I say??!  There is just a special bond there that no one can break.  Brad LOVES his little girl and she LOVES him :)  It has been so awesome to see Brad as a dad over this past year!  It makes me smile and I love to watch them interact with each other. I could list so many things, but here are just a few things that come to mind about Brad and his Little Girl:

  • He always gets her to laugh :)  He will do the funniest thing or play with her in someway I never have and she just giggles and giggles. The other day he was grabbing her legs and turning her upside down and she just thought that was a hoot!
  • He loves to pick out her PJ's. He likes the footed ones still and he lets me know when she is outgrowing them ;)
  • He is the bath guy!  When ever he is home and can he gives Brooklyn her bath at night.  I always here them in the bathroom having a good ole time....HA!
  • He loves to video her as she plays.....there are quite a few LONG videos of her just playing that we watch from time to time.  I have not put any on here b/c they are so long but I know we will love to look back on them one day and just watch her trying to figure something out, or playing with her baby or even just a simple box.  It really is neat to watch her and we always wonder what she is thinking ;)
  • When ever he comes home he always says her name outloud.  If we are in another room she will look up from whatever she is doing and look towards the door with a BIG smile on her face! She gets so excited when daddy comes home :)
  • After he comes home he likes to take her outside and they look at the flowers, trees, birds (whatever is outside) and they go and get the mail :)
  • He LOVES when she lays on his shoulder or cuddles with him in anyway (who wouldn't), but he always says, "Lydia look!" in a quiet voice when she does and I try to get a picture as fast as I can.  You see our sweet B has not been much of a cuddlier so we soak it up now when she does.  Lately she has become more so and we both LOVE it :)
  • He still likes to pick out her clothes and a bow to match :)
  • He loves to hold her and we play chase around the house.  Brooklyn LOVES when her daddy chases her or gives her "sugar" (I think his goatee tickles her!)
  • He loves to watch (and video) Brooklyn eating...he thinks it is really cute!
  • He calls her 'darling' and it just melts my heart :)
  • He always tells me if he saw her do something new and when he does he is super excited ;)
  • He is always taking pictures of her...our computer is on picture overload!
  • He really enjoys taking Brooklyn riding on the golf cart :)
  • He ALWAYS tells her how much he loves her and how proud he is of her....Something I know she will hear the rest of her life :)
Love you so much Brad and thank you for being such an amazing father to our precious Brooklyn :)


Reading his card from Brooklyn....she looks so proud ;)

All ready to go to Church!  

She LOVES her Daddy!

Getting Some "Sugar" from Daddy!






Grandma gave us this picture of Brad....Most everyone says Brooklyn looks like me, but when I look at this picture I am amazed how much she looks like her daddy too! :)

No comments: