Thursday, March 29, 2012

Brynlee Paige Walker

Brynlee Paige Walker

Born March 23rd at 7:37 pm
7lbs 12oz 20 3/4 inches

March 21st 

I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday March 21st; I started to go to the doctor weekly at 36 weeks.  I was 38 weeks pregnant now and beyond READY to have our sweet girl!  This pregnancy was very different from my first and I felt so huge in my belly and ached all over. I was disappointed to hear I was only 1cm dilated, but I never got past a 1 with Brooklyn before my water broke so I knew something could still happen soon.  I was hoping Miss Brynlee would follow the same path as her sister and come around this time :)) but you never know!

March 22nd

The next day I didn't feel any different.  A friend and her two boys came over, while the kids played we chatted about being preggo (she is due also with a little girl). I told her maybe this baby would end up being an April baby after all ha! (My official due date was April 3rd)

That night I remember telling Brad I was feeling some pressure but nothing really significant.  I slept ok...well maybe that's a stretch in words, since I got up like 20 times to go to the bathroom!! 

March 23rd

I woke up on Friday, March 23rd feeling that same pressure.  When I went to the bathroom I noticed a little bit of bleeding.  Not hardly anything at all and I almost didn't even bother calling the doctor but every time I went to see Dr. Ball she always told me to call if I was ever bleeding.  I wanted to be on the safe side so I called.  Well Dr. Ball was not working...which I knew she wasn't on the weekend..so I waited for the on call doctor to call me back.  In the mean time I called Brad to let him know and I jumped in the shower.  A little while later the doctor called me back and after I explained why I called she said she wanted me to come to the hospital! WHAT... I was kinda surprised!!  I really didn't feel like I was in labor or anything!  I called Brad back and told him we needed to go in....I felt so bad cause he had a few appointment that day he was going to have to cancel and I felt like they were just going to send me home anyway lol!  I finished getting ready and started packing the last few items into my bag.  Brad came home and packed also (he didn't have anything ready, but it never takes him long and it didn't).  We dropped Brooklyn off at Grammy's.  She came out to greet us and said, "IS IT TIME?"  HA I just looked at her and said, "I really don't know." lol.!  

Brad and I headed off to the hospital.  I remember having a few pretty painful contractions on the way and starting to wonder if something was going on!?! We checked in at the Labor and Delivery Testing Room which was downstairs.  This part was all new to us since my water had already broke with Brooklyn at this point.  The nurses were so nice and as they got my room ready they had me go to the restroom.  I did and as soon as I came out I knew my water broke!!!!  It was 10:05 am. I laughed and told them I am either peeing on myself or my water broke!  They laughed and said well lets get you on this bed and check!  Sure enough it had....could not have been better timing I guess :)  I just looked at Brad and said, "Wow it's time....today is the day!" He just smiled :))

The next part was probably the longest part for me. The nurse checked me and said I was still at a 1 maybe a 2 (I was bummed and a little surprised). They hooked me up to the monitors and got an IV started.  Funny story about that was the nurse said something about how they need better lighting in these rooms right before she stuck me and then stopped and looked at me and said, "That was probably not something I should have said out loud right before I give someone an IV!"  HAHA we laughed about that!  After I was all settled they told me it might be a while until a room became available and to just sit tight.  This was the longest part...the waiting.  We had no phone service in the room so Brad left and went to call family to let them know that they were keeping me and it was time :)  and he texted a bunch of friends to tell them as well.  It seemed like he was gone forever but really it was just my nerves and the anticipation of what was about to happen!  So from about 10 till almost 1 I was in the room waiting for a bed to open up in Labor and Delivery. I was hardly feeling any contractions and was starting to get nervous that it was going to be another long day of labor.  I have always heard that second babies come faster but I was not so sure she was going to at this rate ha.  So I just waited and watched a little TV (Ironically "A Baby Story" was on!) and finally they came in and said there was a room upstairs...Woo Hoo!!! 

We headed upstairs and I got all settled into the room!  I had two nurses, both were very nice.  We did ask them if they knew Laci and if she was working...we just really wanted to see her!  Laci was the nurse who delivered Brooklyn and we LOVED her!  We kept in touch with her after Brooklyn was born and we were probably "secretly" hoping she WAS working that day and could at least see our new baby :)  They said they thought she might be but that was about as far as the conversation went.  We didn't want to be rude and ask them to get her or anything....more on Laci later.  So they started me on Pitocin, it was about 2 in the afternoon....I was thankful cause I didn't feel like much was happening (it reminded me so much of Brooklyn's labor at this point) I felt maybe the Pitocin would get things moving!  AND Sure enough it did!  The contractions came on much stronger and faster than with Brooklyn and by about 4:30 I was ready for my epidural!! That epidural could not have come any faster! They checked me right after I got the epidural and I was at 4 cm!

Well it wasn't long after that then guess who came walking through the door!  LACI!!!  Our nurse told her that we had asked about her and she came running in right away!  We all hugged and were just so excited to see each other!  She stayed and talked to us for a while...she said that if she could not be here for the delivery she would come by for sure afterwards to meet our little girl.  Around 5:30 pm after Laci left I told Brad he should go downstairs and get some dinner.  We really were just waiting for my body to progress and didn't know how long it would take.  They mentioned that they probably would not check me again until 7pm when the doctors and nurses switch over.  So downstairs Brad went.  It was good timing b/c my parents showed up (they drove in from Killeen TX which is about a 4 hrs drive) around that time so they all headed to eat in the good ol cafeteria! By this time it was around 6:15 and I was starting to feel pressure.  I told the nurse and she decided to go ahead a check me.  Sure enough I was at a 10!!!  YAY!!!  I called Brad, who had not gotten to eat one bite of food, and told him it was time :)))  He came back upstairs and we just waited for the doctor.  It took a little while so my parents came in and said hi real quick then they left. I could not believe how quickly I had progressed and here we were all ready to push and bring her into the world!

I pushed for 30 minutes and she was here!  Ahhhh the emotions were overwhelming.  I cried and cried and just looked at her and held her to my skin.  She was breathtaking...absolutely beautiful!  Brad touch her and kissed her and kissed me and I kissed her and it was just one of those moments that will be etched into your mind forever.  It was just like the first time all over again.....our precious girl had arrived!  We were shocked by her dark hair! I think that was one of the first things I said. We just kept looking at her over and over. Once again God had answered our prayers, bringing Brynlee into the world safely, and had given us another blessing! We were now a family of four :)  

Here is a video I made.  I used the same song I did for Brooklyn's Video...it was just too prefect :) I cry just about every time I hear it.  We are so in love with our sweet Brynlee...Enjoy :)


1 comment:

Denise said...

Lydia, That is so precious. What a tearjerker. You and Brad are such wonderful parents. What a blessing your girls have to have two such thoughtful and compassionate parents. I am so proud of your service and dedication to the Lord. Love you all.
Aunt Denise