Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hospital Stay and Coming Home





After Brynlee was born at 7:37 pm we had to wait in the labor and delivery room for quite a while until a room opened up for us.  My parents were already at the hospital.  Brad's parents were watching Brooklyn and as soon as they put her to bed they called MeMaw and DaDaw to come over to stay with her.  Then they raced to the hospital.  They got there just after she was born...it was perfect timing!  So soon after she was born Grammy and Nana came into the room to meet her.  They would only allowed 2 visitors and then they needed to take her to the nursery to give her a bath and such..... guess the Grandmas got priority over the Grandpas.....lol!  They took Brynlee to the nursery which made me sad but Brad went with her. Laci stayed with me and we chatted, I was glad not to be alone :) They gave Brynlee a bath and measured her and checked her over.  Brad kept sending me pictures on my phone.  This was also the first time B-Pa and Poppa got to see her :)  Eventually she was brought back to me and we said good bye to our parents.  We ending up staying in that room until almost 11:00 pm!

I think by the time we got all settled and ready to sleep it was about 2:00 am on Saturday.  I was so anxious for this day to come because we would get to see Brooklyn and she would get to meet her little sister for the first time!!  We rested when we could and Brynlee nursed about every 2-2 1/2 hrs or so. It was kinda crazy because the hospital was all under constructions o we were in a different wing than we would have normally been in.  I guess it was the surgery ward and I remember one time hearing nurses run down the hall and I could tell something bad was happening!  It was a little nerve racking but we managed. In the morning we were moved to a different room...it was much larger, which we were so thankful for because we knew a lot of people would be coming to visit today :)

My parents came that morning and as soon as they got there Brad's parents arrived with Brooklyn.  I was so nervous b/c normally Brooklyn screams every time I took her to my doctors appointment (which I ended up not doing very much for that reason), but she just has this major phobia of doctors.  I was worried that she would not want to sit on my lap or really be in the room.  I ended up getting out of bed and going to sit on the couch by the door.  Brynlee was in the little hospital bassinet.  Well Miss B came running into the room and went straight to me and gave me a big hug and sat on my lap :)))  It was long before she spotting Brynlee and immediately want to see her and HOLD her.  SHe just keep reaching and reaching and pointing and trying to tell us the best she could that she wanted to hold her baby sister!  Brooklyn just had the BIGGEST SMILE EVER as we all sat down on the bed and she held her sister.  OHHH in just melted my heart I wanted to cry!!  She just stared at her and then she started to point over the the couch. We were all wondering what she wanted and then realized she wanted her "Bunny" (that is like lovey) and she gave it to her sister!  It was the sweetest thing ever :)  She held her for a little while and then when she was done we took her back.  Brooklyn was pretty interested in her the whole time she was there.  It was so awesome to see her just love on her sister!  They brought Brooklyn a NEW SIBLING cake and she ate some of that and we gave Brooklyn a little toy dog (which she was afraid of b/c it moved lol) and a book called "Little Mommy".  B-Pa read her the book and she loved it :)  We had a nice visit with our family and then they left so Brooklyn could eat luch and get back for her nap.

The rest of Saturday we had a lot of friends and family come.  Uncle Blake, Aunt Erica, and Cousin Bryce came to meet her.  Bryce was so sweet too and kept wanting to give Brynlee her paci (he loves his paci).....hehe!  We were pretty tired by the end of the day.  Brynlee was doing great...she pretty much slept the whole time and just woke up to eat.  I remember her pooping a TON!!  It seemed Brad was always changing her diaper ha! Saturday night went well although I do remember being excited to go home just so I could sleep better...I was so tired of all the nurses coming in to check my vitals or whatever and waking me up haha!

Sunday came and my doctor cleared me to go home and Dr. Hirsch (our pediatrician) cleared Brynlee.  She was now 7lbs 6 oz but doing just fine :)  We took some pictures of her in a few special outfits we brought.  Brad dresses her in her "Coming Home" outfit and we were on our way.  It was very surreal like it was the first time!  Here was this little girl coming home with us!  We felt so blessed and couldn't wait to see Brooklyn again :)

We decided to stop at MeeMee house (Brad's grandma) so she could see her before heading home.  She was very excited to see her and hold her.  Miss Brynlee was very well behaved and enjoyed some loving from MeeMee :)

When we arrived home Brooklyn was there and as soon as she saw Brynlee she came running out of her playroom and tried to unbuckle her from her car seat.  She kept pointing to herself telling us she wanted to hold her.  I wish I had video Brooklyn's face when she 1st saw her, she just had the biggest smile ever and just so interested in this little baby! We let her hold her and then had Brooklyn show her around the house ;)  Kathy left (a BIG thank you to her for watching Brooklyn for us) and so began our journey at home with our two precious girls!  I remember looking at Brad and just thinking "wow what now!" ha!

It was a pretty crazy evening and night and I think on Monday we called Kathy and said, "Ummm I think we need some help!" LOL

Enjoy the photos :)  Had so many I decided to make a smilebox...some I already used in the first video but there are different ones that include visitors :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Photo slideshow made with Smilebox

1 comment:

JDTS said...

ahh! That made me cry happy tears! SO SWEET! What a blessing!