Friday, August 27, 2010

1 month

Wow it is hard to believe she is already 1 month old!!! I was telling someone how it is funny to think in "weeks" for so long (all through my pregnancy and for the past 4 weeks of her life), but even though she was 4 weeks old a few days ago, she really was not a month old until today!

I have decided to start writing about her monthly instead of weekly....it is a lot of writing, but was really important to me that I did it her first few weeks of life. So much happens!! I am going to jot down notes throughout the month and then blog about it at the end of that month, and of course include lots of pictures! I will write a few short blogs in between though of fun stuff along the way :)

Anyway I don't have a ton to write about since I have been writing weekly but I wanted to share this:

So I officially diagnosed my daughter with "Arm Colic!" She loves to be held and cries when you put her down! This might be my fault (I picked her up every time she cried) or it might be her personality or just the fact that she is a baby, but I don't mind! Sometimes she is cuddly and sometimes she pushes away and just wants to look around. If you sit down she usually starts to squirm and kick her legs so she likes it when you are standing. This makes for some pretty sore arms!!! Now granted there are times when I just can't hold her so she cries some, but mommy doesn't let her cry that long...I just can't ;)

Now you might be wondering about her swing!?! Well.....she doesn't like it :( I would love it if she did....I thought she would like the movement since she likes to be walked around, but no luck! We have tried several times since she was born and every times she cries and cries. What is a mom to do??? I can't hold her all the time (even though I might WANT too...hehe)!

Anyway this past week someone from church gave me a bouncer. Guess what....She LOVES it! Ahhhhh I was so excited!!! I now can put her down! It has been an "ARM" saver HAHA! Funny thing though is I have to BOUNCE her! If she falls asleep in it and I stop bouncing her she wakes up right away...Ahhhh! Again....What is a mom to do??? I can't hold her all the time OR bounce her all the time...HAHA! Someone mention a side to side swing might work better than her swing which went front to back, so we might give that a try down the road.

For now I am just holding her and bouncing her (don't get alot else done during the day), which I really don't mind too much because I just get to look at her all day :) And another plus is my arm and leg muscles are really getting a workout ;)

Also I am trying to take advantage of this......I know these days won't last forever and someday I will look back and long for the days when she WANTED me to hold her all day long :)

The first time in a bouncer..... No Tears!
Chillin' in my car seat....
Still loving bath time....
"Supervised" Nap time ;)......
I could just stare at her sleeping all day
Happy 1 Month Baby Girl!
Sweet Dreams.....

No comments: