Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hospital Stay, Coming Home, and Visitors!

After Brooklyn was born we stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. Our time there is quite a blur to me as it went by so fast and we were bombarded with lots of information! Also, because of the overwhelming feelings of what just happened; getting to know her, her getting to know us, and just enjoying our little blessing :) Plus a lot of exhaustion ;) We were excited to come home after those 2 days but of course a little nervous that we did not have that button to call the nurse every time we had a question...HA!

Brooklyn came HOME on July 29th! I remember riding down the hallway in the wheelchair with her in my arms and tears filled my eyes. She was ours and we were headed home! It was a great feeling :)

Brad put her in her carseat and I rode in the back with her. Brad and I both cried tears of joy on the way home. We are just so humbled that God gave us this little girl and we just want to take care of her the best we can. It was quite an overwhelming feelings. I told Brad to drive extra careful ;)

When we pulled up to our house there were signs everywhere. Kathy have made a big "Welcome Home Brooklyn" banner and attached to the mailbox was a pink cutout of a bottle with Brooklyn's information on it! It was so sweet and again made me cry (WOW lots of tears in this post...all HAPPY ones though!)!

One of my favorite things about coming home was seeing Brad. Brad wanted to have a special moment with just the three of us before we had visitors come. He wanted to show Brooklyn her new home. He took her out of her carseat and walked her around the house. He showed her everything and I just stood back and took a few pictures. It was the sweetest thing and just melted my heart. He has been an amazing daddy. He just stares at her in awe or he smiles at me with the biggest smile as he holds her when she makes a funny face or noise. I just love it!

Over the next fews days we had a lot of visitors :)....and many people brought food which was wonderful!! It was so fun getting to introduce her to our family and friends!

I had too many pictures to post so I just made a slideshow of the past couple of days! Most of the pictures are family and friends who were very anxious to meet this sweet little girl :) I also included a few from our stay at the hospital and her big trip to her new home! Enjoy!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Becoming a parent is such a blessing! Enjoy each day to the fullest! Love the pictures!

JDTS said...

What a sweet video! Timothy was locked in on it. He watched it 2 times through and loved it too!