Thursday, August 5, 2010

1 Week


WOW...our baby girl is a week old!! It is hard to believe! I would have to say this was one of the most challenging weeks of my life but the most REWARDING too :) I am super tired, but the joy and love she has brought makes the exhaustion so very worth it! I could just stare at her for hours...my heart overflows with love :)

Brooklyn is:
  • Very content (she has not discovered her lungs yet!)
  • She sleeps ALOT and we have a hard time waking her to feed and keeping her awake!
  • She was 7 lbs 4 oz when she was born, 6lbs 12 oz when we left the hospital, and has regained all her birth weight in 1 week....she is now 7lbs 6 oz!
  • She has had many visitors already :)
  • She screamed when she had her first bath at home. We learned ALOT....
1. Turn the air off so it is not freezing for her little wet naked body :(
2. Don't use so much soap....alittle goes a long way ;)
3. Go FASTER...we took way too long HA!

This is what she thought of her first bath :(
  • She makes LOTS of little grunts and noises that keep mommy awake all night checking on her. I better get use to that....maybe by week 4 I won't get up every time!
  • She doesn't eat much...just for about 10 minutes. Mommy was worried, but the doctor said she is gaining weight and not to worry.
  • We are so sleep deprived we have said things that don't make sense, have our days all mixed up, and have done some pretty funny things!
  • I am so tired that sometimes I wake up thinking that she is still nursing and I have fallen asleep and rolled over on her!! It really scares me and I wake up jumping out of bed!
We Love:
  • Her soft soft skin!
  • Her smell....I love the way she smells after she eats...even her milk breath smells good :)
  • Her little EVERYTHING! She is so tiny!
  • They way she smiles in her sleep....It makes us feel good because she seems so content and happy!
  • The way she stretches when she wakes up :)
  • Her big beautiful eyes (they are a dark blue right now)....she is VERY alert and like to look at everything!

Brad's favorite picture ;)

Daddy is the best at swaddling!
Our Little Peanut
Here she is waking up from her nap :)


One more thing....

We saved the paper from the day she was born and this was the cover! We thought it was neat that the title was "Embarking on New Life"...seemed fitting ;)

2 comments:

aunt Donna said...

Whew--I just caught up on the last month around your house. Miss Brooklyn is precious and all those different outfits just add to her beauty. She will love all this as she gets older and can see what happened as she was growing. Thanks for sharing all this with us. We love y'all and hope you will continue to tell Brooklyn about God and His love for all of us. Love, aunt Donna

JDTS said...

Love the video! I still enjoy watching Timothy wake up. :) Jamie was always a better swaddler than I was.