Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Week 2

Brooklyn:
  • Now weighs 8 lbs
  • She discovered her lungs this week ;)
  • She went to church for the 1st time on Sunday. Nana made her dress as I mentioned in the last post. She slept through the whole thing. After evening services she woke up and cried because she was hungry. Mommy and Daddy couldn't wait to get her home we felt so bad....we pulled over at a park and I fed her in the car...HA!
Here she is with Nana
  • She got to meet her Uncle Adam this week. Adam just moved to Tyler TX from Colorado and we are sooooooo excited that he is here!!! His work transfered him so we are not sure how long he will be in Texas, but we are so glad it is now! Couldn't have been better timing with Brooklyn :) He was actually moving the weekend she was born!
  • On day 9 she lost her umbilical cord....we were glad to see it go, BUT Brad made me cry because he made a joke about it being the last thing that connected the two of us together (wahhhh *tear*)...I think I cried b/c of hormones too..HA!
  • Brooklyn still makes lots of noises and grunts....and Mommy still checks on her ;)
  • This week I was home with her and she projectile vomited all over! I was covered, she was covered, the floor was covers, and so was the couch and Brad's camera. I knew Brad was just over at his parents house about to come home and I called him crying (I think it was the hormones again and me feeling bad for her). He came home to see me and every thing else covered in spit up. By the time he saw me I started laughing and he did too...it was quite a sight!!
  • Bath time was a little better...it was the first time in her big girl tub! She only fussed at the end; I think we still took too long HA!
  • She went on her first shopping trip....to none other that TARGET :) Brad and I kept her in her carseat covered the whole time so she missed it all, but it was fun :)
  • She got her first piece of mail..... (yes we document EVERYTHING...hehe)

  • Our good friend, Becky, came and took pictures of her this week! I think they are going to be awesome and we plan to use some for her birth announcements! Can't wait to show them to you :) It was a pretty funny day because we had Brooklyn mostly naked for the photo shoot and she decided she was going to poop and pee pretty much the whole time! It was everywhere and all over me...HA! We got a good laugh though :)
We Love:
  • watching her sleep. She loves to sleep with both her arms up...it is so cute!
  • watching her wake up. She loves to stretch and stretch when she is waking up and smack her lips....I put up a video of this in my "week one" post, but we still can't get enough of it ;)
  • when she stares at us....fills my heart with joy!
I just LOVE this one...they are so in love with eachother!


Beautiful Girl!



No comments: