Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Surprise, A Shower, and Getting Ready!

Today we were "Showered" with love by all our sweet family and friends! It was a wonderful time and we felt so very blessed and loved. I am going to back track to yesterday when I got a wonderful surprise!

I knew my parents were coming down for the weekend and they were suppose to arrive yesterday afternoon. When they got here I saw them come in and was giving them a hug when I turned around and there was my SISTER!!! They had flown her in from CO to surprise me!!! I grabbed her and started bawling! I think she had to tell me to breath! This is the first time she has been to Texas :) She is planning to come in August after Brooklyn is born, but this was such a treat for both of us! Thank you mom and dad for this wonderful surprise!!

Saturday morning we headed over to Jenny's house for my shower! Everything was beautiful and I just want to thank my sweet hostesses: Jenny, Emily, Cheryl, Sommer, Lara, Carol, and Rebecca! It was fun seeing all the pink and I was overwhelmed by everyone who came and shared in our joy over this little girls arrival!

Here are a few pictures from the event:
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Afterwards my good friend Jamie, her sweet little girl Jailyn, and her husband Blake came over. She is the queen of organizing and we quickly had everything laid out in piles ready to be put up! This was how the room looked as we were working.....HA!

All the bath stuff :) I have heard this will be one of my favorite times. Having her all cuddled up in a towel and smelling oh so good :)

Her books on a temporary book shelf

Here is Brooklyn's Closet.....I think she is set for a while ;)


Thank you Jamie and Andrea for all your help!!!


Soooo not only did my sister help me get organized she also cooked us meals to freeze! Did I tell you how much SHE ROCKS! She cooked some big casserols and then divided them up and we ended up with 14 meals!

She made the most of every second she was here helping us get ready for Miss B, but we did sneak in a trip to Kemah and enjoyed visiting! She is so excited to meet her niece :)

I was very glad to have my mom at the shower!! It has been nice to have them in Texas. I am going to write about her sweet gift later....another tear jerker:) Mimi is anxiously awaiting Brooklyn's arrival!

I have to add this picture of me and my Dad! I Love it! He is also very excited to meet his granddaughter! Can't wait :)

No comments: