Saturday, February 6, 2010

Letter To Baby....

Your Daddy


I have been thinking a lot lately about this experience I get to share with you. I feel God has given me (well....all women) a very special gift of bearing children.  I am blessed to have you grow inside me, feel you for the first time, and experience what it is like to bring you into the world.  I am excited beyond words and promise you I am cherishing every moment.  One thing that has been on my mind today is your daddy. Although he may not get to know what this part of becoming a parent is like, he too is already cherishing every moment he can with you and enjoying his own unique experiences.  I know you don’t know us yet personally, but there are a few things I would like to share with you about your daddy.  I feel maybe by telling you this is my mind you can sense how much love I have for him and how much love he has for you...


  • He LOVES talking to you.  He tells you how much he loves you all the time!  He likes to put his head right up to my belly (sometimes even lifting my shirt.....just to make sure you can hear him) and talks and talks. He tells you how he can’t wait to meet you, find out if you are a boy or girl, bring you home.....and of course show you around the farm ;)  

  • He loves to bend down on his knees when I am standing to give you a hug.  He hugs you Lots!  

  • As my belly grows he just looks at you and beams.....he say to me “Our BABY is in there!”...and then gives you another hug and a kiss :)

  • You are constantly on his mind.  He prays for you everyday!  He prays for your health, your happiness, that you will know God, and that we will be good parents. He thanks God for you too!


Your Daddy:


Loves God.   

Is patient....very patient.  

Is positive! His cup is always half full....well usually all the way full! 

Is an encourager.

Is a helper. 

Is a very hard worker.

Puts others before himself.

Is content...he hardly ever complains.

Is a friend.

Is humble.

Most people don’t know this but he is pretty funny (mostly just around me)....I’m sure you will find this out though ;)


.....and I have to add that he has been taking such good care of me:  making food runs, cleaning the house, making sure I am comfortable, and constantly telling me how pretty I am as the scale goes up...hehe  (he even lets me sleep on "his" side of the bed so I am closer to the bathroom...haha)! 


I LOVE this man and I can’t wait for you to meet him!



3 comments:

jules p said...

Baby Walker, I just wanted to say that I have known your daddy all his life. And, as I look at him now, you are ONE lucky little baby.
He is so "full of God". (his life is full of God, his thoughts are full of God, his days are full of God)

That is the best gift you will ever get-a faithful, God-loving dad!

Matt said...

Brad's awesome!

The funny thing is, he/she does know you both personally in a lot of ways. One he/he arrives your voices will be the only ones recognized above all other sounds. It's really awesom!

Cuz Deborah said...

Lydia, This brought tears to my eyes! It is so sweet and all so true! Baby Walker has a GREAT Daddy and he sure has a GREAT Mommy too! I love the three of y'all!!