Monday, February 1, 2010

Heartbeat!

January 19th we had our second appointment!  We were so excited because we were hopefully going to HEAR the heartbeat for the first time!  At our first appointment we saw it on the ultra sound  (just a little flashing light looking thing), but of course it was too early to hear. When we got there she tried for a little while and couldn't find it...she kept saying "maybe next time.".......WHAT!!!!!....I kept thinking, please keep trying, please keep trying.  She did and finally we heard the most beautiful sound I have ever heard!!!!


Brad and I just stared at each other in amazement.  She said it was 170 bpm!!!!  I asked her if that was too fast since our first appointment it was 150 bpm.  She laughed and said it was perfect....no worries :)  Brad asked if that meant in was a GIRL.  He had talked to one of his buddies who said a fast heartbeat meant it was a girl.  Again the doctor laughed and said that was just a myth!  Well see.....and not too much longer.  She said we would find out what Baby Walker is in MARCH!!!!!!!  Yea!  Until then we will keep playing this video over and over with a SMILE on our face!  This little blessing growing inside me is an amazing thing to HEAR!

2 comments:

jules p said...

Okay..I H-A-D to comment to this. This made me cry. That is one of the sweetest sounds you will be able to hear. (one of many) :):)

beckyboo said...

Congratulations to you too. Very happy for you. Kids completely change your life. I'm due right now with our third and wanted to second what the doctor told you. The heartbeat thing is a myth. The bpm for our baby was 130 until we did the ultrasound to find out and we found out it was a girl. So you never know with the bpm, but I would say go with your gut. My gut feeling about what each baby was has totally been right. Again Congrats!