Monday, March 15, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow!

We are in week 19...WOW!!! And tomorrow we find out if we are having a BOY or a GIRL! We knew from the beginning that we would try to find out the gender. I totally respect the patience of people who wait, but I also feel like it is still a surprise; "you just get to enjoy it a little earlier" as one of my friends said ;) ;)


Our appointment is at 1:00 for the ultra sound (yea) and 2:20 with the doctor. They told us to be prepared to wait 2 to 3 hours when we get there and to bring snacks and water! WHAT...I feel like it is going to be midnight before we are able to tell everyone...HA!


So do we have a preference??? NOPE! Since day one we have been praying for healthy! It is kinda fun on your first one because it really doesn’t matter (for us anyway)! I know eventually we will probably want to be able to experience what it is like to have a boy and a girl. But we feel so blessed just to be having a CHILD! Only God knows what the future will hold, we may end up with all boys, all girls, or simply one and we will be happy either way :)

We have been receiving lots of guesses from people! Most of the strangers I meet....like the lady at Target and at the bank say BOY. A three year old little girl from our church ask her mom if Ms. Lydia was pregnant and when her mom told her I was she very confidently said, “She is having a BOY!” We have been getting lots of GIRL guesses too; a lot of my close friends are thinking GIRL!


So this whole time I did not take a peek at any prediction test like the Chinese Birth Calendar. I know it is all just for fun, but the Chinese Calendar has been pretty accurate for most of my friends. I was just wanting to wait and see if I had a “FEELING” and then I thought we might peek when it was closer to time....haha...I know I am weird like that! Soooooo I waited and waited for my “gut” to speak to me, but one week I thought girl for sure and then it switched to boy! And now I have absolutely NO CLUE, NO GUT FEELING, NONE! Oh Well!


I went ahead and peeked at the Chinese Calender, Babyman, and another random test and they ALL said

hmmmm....Interesting


....and then I was going to do the IntelliGender but changed my mind.


I was having trouble spending the $30 on it when I knew I would just find out the next day ;-) If the baby does not cooperate I might go ahead and splurge! Brad has decided to definitely not peek at anything....he wants to go in with no preconceived ideas! HA! He is so very excited! We will find out soon enough though.....I still can’t believe it is tomorrow and I sure hope our little peanut will let us take a look :)


Quick Story:

When I went to Walgreens to see how much the Intelligender was I couldn’t find it. I figured it would be in the aisle with the Pregnancy Tests. A man that worked there could tell I was looking for something and he asked me if he could help. Without really thinking I said “Sure, could you please tell me where the Pregnancy Tests are.” I wish you could have seen his face! He looked at me like....Ummm you could just pay me and I will tell you that YES you are pregnant......HAHAHA! It was priceless! But he didn’t say that and just nicely directed me to the correct aisle. It was pretty funny! As I said before, I didn’t buy the test but I got a good laugh!


2 comments:

JDTS said...

You are soooooo cute!!!!!!! can't wait to hear the news tmw!

The Bridges said...

I'm so glad you didn't waste money on the Intelligender. It told me my sweet girl was supposed to be a boy. I could have bought a couple of cute dresses for her instead of that silly kit. :)