Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sweetness, One Week, and Kicks

Yesterday I went to help my friend Jamie who is pregnant, on bed rest, and has an almost 2 year old. I had so much fun playing with her daughter Jailyn! When I was sitting on the couch she came up to me and patted my tummy and said BABY! It was so cute. She then lifted up my shirt to reveal my lovely maternity pants, pulled down the...ummmm not sure what you call it.....but the "material" to reveal my belly, and planted a big kiss! Normally this would be kinda weird HA, but I knew this was obviously something she did to her mommy and new brother to be :) It was just precious and made me excited about #2.....WHAT!!!!!.....UMMM did I just say that! LYDIA....lets get through #1 first!!!! HAHA no really it was just neat knowing she is loving on her brother already. It made me smile and I enjoyed her sweetness to my little one too :)

We are just a week away....yikes! I read an article in a pregnancy magazine the other day about finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. It made me laugh when she said (and I 'll summarize) if you find out it's a boy you think " Ahhhh I don't know what to expect....and it makes you nervous!" and with a girl you think "Ahhhh I KNOW what to excpect.....and it makes you nervous!" Haha I thought this was so true....for me anyway. We just can hardly contain ourselves!!!

Today I sitting on the couch eating lunch when I felt a kick or a punch....don't really know which. I reached for my tummy and boom there it was....I felt it outside for the first time!!! WHOO HOO! Where is BRAD???? I called him right away to tell him...he was sad he was not there but VERY excited to hear this news! Later I was working on my blog and and checking e-mails and WOW this little one just kept moving and again I felt the a little boom on the outside. It happened like 4 times!! Ahhhhhhh Brad come home!!!! I called him again. SO, maybe tonight he will get to feel our little one. I can't wait!!!!!

No comments: