Wednesday, March 17, 2010

PART 2

Note: Brad has given me permission (haha) to write about his experience! He wanted me to write about it, but it's not like he will forget...HAHA. He is a trooper and so in love with his little girl already!


Once we made it upstairs, checked in, and sat down in the waiting room I could tell Brad was...ummmm....well SCARED OUT OF HIS MIND!!! It just hit him like a ton of bricks! When we were in the room waiting for the doctor he just kept taking deep breaths and said he felt like the room was closing in on him. He couldn't catch his breath! I REALLY thought he was going to pass out hence why I was glad he had food in him! I wanted to laugh a little...kinda because it was really cute (I had never seen him like this before) and I KNOW he is going to be wonderful with our little girl (he is so good with all the little girls at church), but I felt bad for him too...he was very serious! You could tell a million things were running through his mind. I told him to talk to me....was he disappointed??? I was thinking....he always said he didn’t care if it was a boy or a girl. He VERY quickly said NO NOT AT ALL, he was excited and wanted a girl, just overwhelmed and didn’t know what to DO with a GIRL! He was NERVOUS!!! He was thinking about EVERYTHING.....changing her diaper, school, college, boys, wedding, etc. You name it....it was running through his mind!!! He knew what to do with a boy, but a girl was the unknown!!! He had not prepared himself as much as he thought in regards to it being a girl. This whole time he was just so excited we were having a BABY!!! Later he laughed and said he wished he HAD looked at the Chinese Calender just to have been a little more prepared.....HAHA! He kept saying who can I call to talk to??? He needed to hear that this was a normal feeling and I was no help...I was not a GUY!


We made it through the appointment, it was quick, Dr. Ball gave us material about classes and the hospital tour and we left . She said one more appointment in April and then we go to every 3 WEEKS.....WOW! As soon as we got in the car he called his buddy Blake who had a little girl first and Blake reassured him that he had the same reaction!!!! He said, “Just ask Jamie’s mom, I was a nervous wreck!” Whew! That made Brad feel so much better! By the time we made it home, told our parents, family, and friends he was just beaming! He recalled his near panic attack to his family at dinner and we all laughed and joked! He is going to be the BEST daddy and this little GIRL is going to be wrapped around his finger. It makes me cry just thinking about it!


As we went to bed Brad could not stop talking to her......


“We found out what you are today!”, “Now we know too...HAHA!”, “You are so BEAUTIFUL!”, “We saw your toes, and hands, and your little heart!”, “We can’t wait to meet you!”, “You are going to be pretty like your mommy” -that one made me cry, “I love you I love you I love you!!!”, “I can’t wait to hold you in my arms!”


OK so I was crying through their whole conversation! She was kicking too so I know she heard him!


What a day we had! It was beyond our wildest dreams :)


**Today we had a reverse response!!! I am really nervous and Brad keeps calling me and telling me "IT"S A GIRL!!"...HA!**


5 comments:

Jana said...

YEA!! A GIRL!!! I loved reading about your experience! You two are going to be the BEST parents! I can't wait to see our little ones play together! Love you!
~Jana

jules said...

Just remember what I told you...and when I "listen to what I told you"...it reassures me in what I have already done!

This little girl is lucky to have Brad as her dad/protector. But lucky to have a mom like you Lyd. Brad will protect her while you are guiding her. Ya'll are a great Godly team!

Auntie Andi! said...

I am so excited to meet my niece!! Nice blog - you will be so glad you wrote all of this down. And so will the little one. What a great Mom you are already!!

Jen said...

awww! I'm crying just reading about it. love you! and brad and little B, too!! :)

-Alyson said...

Awwww, such a great story!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! :)