Tuesday, March 23, 2010

To Our Dear Sweet....


Brooklyn

How you got your name:

Daddy and I first talked about names on the Walker Family holiday trip back in December! Of course at that time we did not know if you were going to be a boy or a girl, but for some reason ;) we started to discuss girl names. We had only mentioned a few names before your Daddy said, "How about Brooke?!" I was really shocked because I have loved the name Brooklyn for a while and was thinking....WOW could it be this easy...hehe! So I asked him," What about Brooklyn?!" and he said, "I love it! We were very tired at this point and that was about the extent of our conversation that night :) As the months passed we fell more and more in love with the name Brooklyn. We really didn't talk about any other girl names....we tried, but we always would come back to this sweet name! As for boys names?....we did not have a single one picked out! When they day finally came to find out if you were a boy or girl we were delighted to hear GIRL and on the way home Daddy called you Brooklyn for the first time! He said, "I can't wait to meet our little Brooklyn!" It made my heart melt and I just knew this would be your name! To us it is so pretty and we hope you love it as much as we do :)

Later we realized that "Brook-" begins with BR like Brad and the second half of your name "-lyn" begins with LY like me! We think it was meant to be :)

Now your middle name is another story :) We are still working on that one, but we know whatever it will be, your whole name will be as precious as YOU are!

Love,
Daddy and Mommy

No comments: