Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Drum Roll Please......



Oh WOW what a day filled with emotions and excitement!!! I didn't blog yesterday....it was just so late by the time we got home and told everyone! We were exhausted...but in a good way!!!


I’m just going to start at the beginning...this is going to be LONG! I broke my post into Two Parts! I will probably have a Third because I can't get the pictures and videos from the CD to work. Brad is going to have to help me...but he is at WORK :( If you make it through all this reading you deserve a sticker...haha! I know I am writing a lot, but it is mostly so we can look back and remember every detail :) Anyone reading can just skim read....my feelings won't be hurt HA :)


I got up and didn’t know what I was going to do to pass the time. We were planning on leaving at noon so I had a few hours. Brad had to lay grass so he was already gone. I decided to do some loads of laundry and get on the computer and read blogs. Sort of a productive morning HA!


Brad came home around 11 and showed me a text he got that morning. It was from our friend at our church, Dena, who has a 6 year old daughter. The text said....”Kaylin woke up this morning and the first thing she said was, “Today is the day that Brad and Lydia find out they are having a GIRL!”” Guess she knew something we didn’t...hehe!


As I was getting ready I realized I had picked out a pink shirt and for a brief moment I thought hummmm maybe I should wear something more neutral just in case it is a boy. Brad laughed and said it didn’t matter (no one would notice either way) and since all my clothes were either in the wash soaking wet or still drying I stuck with the shirt. Side note: I noticed I am having to do laundry ALOT more since I only have a few items I actually fit in to :-/ Anyway, we got ready and I wanted someone to take our picture of the moment before we KNEW..hehe! No one was home so we went to Brad’s Grandparents house and they took it for us.....here we are! Do we look nervous?!?


I was drinking lots of water all the way since I was suppose to have a full bladder...ugh! We stopped at Subway for a quick bite (which I am so glad we did because it was good Brad had something in his stomach...I’ll reveal why later! ;) and made it to our appointment 20 minutes early. Now I was told it was going to be a 2 or 3 hour wait from my doctors nurse so I had water and snacks and Brad had a magazines and some work papers. NOPE not the case. We got there and she said since I had an appointment I would get in right away. YYYEEEAAAA!!!! Within minutes they called me back! Brad had to wait out front :( but they reassured us he wouldn’t miss anything! I met the nice tech lady (I can’t even remember her name anymore) and she explained that she was going to take lots of pictures and measurements. She also asked me if I wanted her to tell me right away when she discovered the gender or if I wanted her to wait and tell us when Brad was in the room. I told her I wanted to WAIT! She did a quick ultra sound (I didn’t get to look at the screen) measuring the amniotic fluid and then RELEIF....she let me empty my bladder! Back in the room she turned the screen and I finally got to see our precious baby! Wow I could not believe how much our child had grown already. I wished Brad was in the room!!!! She told me the baby was laying horizontal with the legs to my right. No wonder I am always feeling the kicks on that side! I asked her if she could tell me if everything looked ok...she pause....and said that the doctor would be able to tell me. It made me kinda nervous the way she paused, but I was also aware that she was not aloud to tell me much so I tried not to worry! It felt like we were in there for a while and when she finished I asked her, “So do you KNOW what it is???” She said NOOOO the baby’s foot is in the way so she wanted me to get up and touch my toes 10 times and then roll around on the table back and forth. I started to sweat bullets....OH NO we're not going to find out today....YIKES!!! I think I touched my toes like 100 times and finally she stopped me and said I didn’t have to roll anymore (she was laughing)....I might have been overdoing it, but I really wanted to KNOW!!! Finally she went and got Brad. He had a big nervous smile on his face and came right over and grabbed my hand. I loved seeing him at that moment!!!!!


As soon as she put the ultra sound thing on my stomach she said, “OK right here!!!!!” I think she was excited for us that she had found the spot and the foot had moved!!!! “She said OK see these three white lines???” In my head I was thinking (sorry not sure how else to say this) 3 little boy parts......we are having a little Boy!!! And about that time she said, “That is what we look for when it is a little GIRL!!!!!!!!” A GIRL!!!!!!! AHHHH and then a flood of emotions came over me, I started crying, Brad had a big smile on his face and said WOW and gave me a hug and kisses and he just kept saying WOW A LITTLE GIRL!!! He was all teary eyed and couldn’t stop looking at me or the screen to see our little GIRL!!!! We couldn’t believe we finally knew what we were having! So exciting!


After we composed ourselves as much as we could, and she let me go to the bathroom again...it was time for some more fun and this time Brad got to see it all! We watched the screen as she pointed out all the little parts of our sweet girl. Her legs, arms, heart, head, feet, even some organs. Our little girl would stretch her arms then touch her toes, and even gave me a good kick. We could see it all....it was so AMAZING!!!! She gave us a thumbs up once like “I’m doing good mommy and daddy....no worries!” and once we saw her shake her head NO! It was pretty funny! Then the tech lady switch to the 3D machine and said that sometimes these pictures don’t turn out as well with the baby this little because they have no body fat, but we would look! It was REALLY cool.....we got a few pictures of her face kinda tucked behind her hands. We couldn’t really tell who she looks like or anything, but it was breathtaking!


Once we were all done the doctor who reads the pictures came in and told us everything looked great and we had a HEATHLY GIRl! “SIGH” It was wonderful news that we have been praying for...God is so Good! I feel like it was all over before it even began, but we were in there for an hour. As we were leaving to head upstairs for my appointment with Dr. Ball the lady said. You wore the right color shirt!!!! HA I told Brad someone would notice....hehe! She gave us our pictures and a video CD and we left in awe!!!!


1 comment:

JDTS said...

bored?? Skim this post?! No way! I LOVED reading every thought; it brought happy tears to my eyes! Thank you for sharing this!