Saturday, May 15, 2010

Furniture Drama....but with a happy ending :)

UGH.....
Note to self and all future mommy's: Look and order baby furniture ASAP....don't wait!

So we order B's furniture about a month after we found out she was a SHE! We thought we were leaving ourselves plenty of time, but once we started shopping we realized otherwise. Many of the sets that I loved were like 8, 10, even 12 weeks out! Too long for me! I had no idea! So we found a set that we liked well enough and the store manager said 2 weeks tops. The crib and hutch were already in, but the dresses was 2 weeks out. So we bought it and went home very excited! We were waiting to have everything delivered at the same time so we only had to pay one delivery fee.

About 4 weeks had gone by, which was OK for us because I started painting and figured it would be easier to paint with out the furniture in the room. I finally called to check on the dresser when I was almost done and to my surprise she said "Well it looks like it won't come in until Mid July sorry!" AHHHHH....what! How did it go from 2 weeks to 12 weeks! She could be here by then! AND I felt like they should have called early to let me know....ugh!

We didn't know what we were going to do. The manager said we could either:
  1. Come pick something else out....(which would most likely have to be ordered and we would be talking 8-12 weeks out anyway)
  2. Get a full refund (start shopping all over again...which most of the other stores we looked at were in the same time frame)
  3. Wait on the dresser and get free delivery....(but we found out that there was no guarantee that it would even be here in July so maybe August, September......who knows)
Side Note: I know in the end it wouldn't matter if her furniture was here or not. All that matters is that she is here safe, healthy, and happy! It was just a little frustrating because I want as much done and ready for her by the time she does get here (is that nesting??!!). I know some of you mommies understand that feeling ;-) Anyway, I understand this was not the end of the world, but I wasn't ready to give up...ha!

To make a long story short (sort of) I began looking on the internet and after several calls found out that the dresser is backordered everywhere due to the earthquake in Chili where it is made. It looked like it was going to be awhile and I prepared myself to not have it here in time.

Until.....

I found a store online that had one IN STOCK! It was the last store! I told them my story and as I was about to buy it and have it shipped here the kind lady gave the phone to the store manager and he said ." Ma'am I am going to be completely honest with you..." Uh oh!!!! I had know idea what he was going to say. "I personally know the owners of the store where you got your furniture from and I would not feel right selling you the dresser." WHAT!!!....but then he said that he would contact them and sell them the dresser for me to complete my order. YAYYYYYYYY! At this point after spending hours on line looking for other furniture, calling store after store, I really didn't care how I got the dresser or who I got it from so I was HAPPY! I was so grateful to this guy and it was very nice of him to not just sell it to me and take the money. His friends are blessed. A thank you card is in the works to him! He is out in CA and his webiste is www.goore's.com. Thank you Mr. Goore!

I received a call from the original store saying that he contacted them so within 2 weeks Miss B's furniture should arrive! Mission Accomplished...Yay! Whew....what a week that was for this pregnant momma!

No comments: