Saturday, May 29, 2010

30 weeks!

Yay for 30 weeks! It is hard to believe I am in the last trimester and down to single digit weeks left. CRAZY! When I look back I feel so blessed to have had such a great pregnancy so far! *Knock on Wood* Don't get me wrong, I have had a few rough days, but I really can't complain. :)
Here I am at 30 weeks!
Every week I think there is no way my belly can get any bigger and the BOOM..there she is popping out even more! But I love it :)

So I have started to get the the shock and awe look when people ask me when I am due!
Their comments are always something like this:
  1. "Are you sure?!"
  2. "Are you sure there is not TWO in there?!"
  3. "Oh WOW!!"
  4. "I am so sorry.....you have the whole summer ahead of you!"
  5. "Oooh bad timing (referring to being pregnant in the summer)."
To which I reply or think to myself...
  1. I think so.
  2. Yep, I would be VERY surprised.....no sign on the ultra sound!
  3. I know..hehe!
  4. Ummm thanks for reminded me (but believe me I really didn't forget!).
  5. This one bothers me...I usually don't say much, but we wanted a child so badly that I didn't care if it was 100 degrees outside for ALL nine months, we weren't about to try and schedule when our baby would be due. We just feel blessed to be having a child! I will survive the summer....it is HOT, but it will be worth every drop of sweat in the end :)
Anyway, fortunately I have been very happy lately so I don't mind the shocked looks or comments ;) (except #5 is getting old)...hehe! And many people have such sweet things to say:
The other day I was leaving Wal-Mart and the greeter said," Have a great day Ma'am....and same to your baby on the way!" It made my day :) I just love it!


Here I am at 18 weeks for a little comparison!

30 weeks!

1 comment:

JDTS said...

hmmm...you could reply "not as bad timing as your comment!" That's what I would be thinking but would probably never say. I would probably just smile too and not say anything but "we are happy about our timing" might surprise them enough to make them think about what they are saying. Either way, it doesn't matter what they say; you are going to have a beautiful baby girl in your arms soon!