Sunday, May 2, 2010

Trip to Killeen

We went to see my parents this weekend in Killeen. It was a 4 hour drive which for this pregnant lady was long enough...HA! Fortunately, I have a sweet friend from church who is letting me borrow a special lumbar pillow. It helped a lot for my back pain! I would also try to get my feet on the dash to elevate them once in a while, but with my growing baby bump I was kinda cramped in this position so I couldn't stay like that for long ;)
Adam was in town from Colorado and got to see his pregnant sister for the first time and say hi to Brooklyn. It was great to see Uncle Adam! We ate at Cracker Barrel (I was CRAVING breakfast food all weekend) where my mom found the cutest dress for B. They were having 75% off there Easter clothes so we took advantage of that!


While we were there we went to a drive through Safari! We feed all these wild animals from our car which was kinda cool and gross at the same time...can we say HAND SANITIZER! It was hilarious because they just wanted FOOD and came right up to the car looking for something to eat! The camels were the worst and we witnessed them sticking there whole head and neck in peoples cars and come out with the entire bag of food Ha! Here are a few pics. I can't wait to bring B back here when she is older :)



Finally, I LOVE children's books and my mom gave me a book she had been saving for I don't know how long...waiting until I became pregnant. I love it! It is a Dr. Seuss Book that is suppose to be read while the baby is in Utero (as you can see from the cover). It is about all the places and characters the baby-to-be will meet in the world of Dr. Seuss; The Cat in the Hat, Sam-I-Am, Horton, and many more. I have been reading this to her lots!




The ending is my favorite......

"So now, as my voice
burble-urps in your ear--
with a bump-thumpy sound
that is not very clear--
the words I am saying
you hear in your heart,
and know that I wish you
the very best start.

It's a scrumptulous world
and it's ready to greet you.
And as for myself.....

well....
I can't wait to meet you!"


No comments: