Sunday, May 16, 2010

Painting Day 1

Sweet Melissa.....

Friday a wonderful friend of mine Melissa Garner came to help me paint! I wish so bad I had taken a picture of us...ugh! Sometime my brain really doesn't work these days :( There is no way I could have done this without her and with Brad working I jumped on her offer to come! We spent the day painting the top wall shore house green and the bottom under that chair rail white. At first I was going to have beadboard put up, but I decided that the chair rail and white paint would still give the same effect, save some money, and be easier to change later. We also painted a white strip at the top under the crown molding. You will see why later!!! It was so nice not to have to climb the ladder! I know Melissa was worn out the next day from doing all the hard work, but she told me how much fun she had and we sure enjoyed visiting too! I love it so far and can hardly wait see it all done! Here are a few pics of what we did:





On Saturday Brad and another good friend of ours, Arlon, came and did some touching up of the chair rail and lights. I love Brad in this one....he is so happy!


Thanks Arlon for helping make B's room just right ;)

No comments: